27 Kasım 2012 Salı

NOVEMBER 27, 2012 VITAMIN A

To contact us Click HERE

" Seventy percent in life is showing up" - Woody Allen

You get an " A" for that. Honestly, there was a time I said I would show up and if I did it was by luck. I had no sense of responsibility. That changed almost 19 years ago. I show up today. I am there when I am asked to be there. Sometimes I am just there. I am a responsible human being, That is the way I conduct my life. That is one of the secrets of success. Be present for yourself and for others.







Very few of us today take separate Vitamin A. It is commonly in most of our multivitamins  and definitely present in Cod Liver Oil. Vitamin A deficiency can result in blindness and dryness of the eyes. The drying can result in corneal ulcers and infection. 

Also the lack of Vitamin A can result in squamous metaplasia. This is where there is a normal protection that is gone. The protection of these ciliated mucous membranes is absent in certain areas leading to squamous metaplasia which will then lead to cancer,
Vitamin A also has the distinction of being the anti infective vitamin. It is very useful in lung disorders as COPD ( emphysema, bronchitis and pneumonia)
As with the other fat soluble vitamins ( D, E and K) over dosage can lead to problems. I know a physician that prescribes it five days on and three days off. This is a good practice. The overdosage of vitamin A ( hypervitaminosis A) can present with band like headaches, nose bleeds, and even chapped lips.
There are some pediatricians who believe that Vitamin A protects children against otitis media ( middle ear infection)
Make sure your multi vitamin has Vitamin A. If not you can take an extra 10,000 IU without any adverse effects.
Until tomorrow...

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder